Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Eve 2010

Preparing for a new year is a bit of an undertaking.  There are so many beliefs in things to eat or do to ensure the coming year is a good one.  Too many things to count yet alone follow.  I didn't eat the pickled herring, or the twelve grapes at midnight.  I didn't make black eyed peas on Jan 1st.  I kind of cleaned but would not call my house spotless for the new year either.  Despite it all I feel good.  This year is full of possibility and potential.  I intend to take advantage of it.  The year 2011 will be the year of self actualization.  Its the year I stop getting caught up in things that don't matter and start accomplishing things for me in a focused way.  Look at 2011.  It just looks happy.  A year smiling at me.  Happy new year!  Happy me!

One new year practice I did follow was the pop of color requisite from Nina Garcia.  I had visions of floating into the new year in billows of sophisticated grey tulle and was lucky enough to find the perfect dress.  White House Black Market dress and pumps bejeweled with something old and blue (a different fashion belief but what the heck why not) with a vintage swarovski beaded necklace.  I turned the belt around so the rhinestone belt buckle was decorating my back and popped some red into the picture with red lips and nail tips.  I felt like a princess floating through a fog.  Now hear I am in a clear New Year.

May 2011 be filled with your favorite things and all around unexpected awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment