Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lemon Chiffon


At first I didn’t think much of it but then it rattled around in my mind and popped back into my thoughts a week later.  Something about this color combination speaks to me.  It speaks to me the way a warm ray of sun speaks to my skin on a cool fall day, or a cool breeze whispers in my ear on a warm day.  It speaks to me the way a delicious light, from scratch, lemon chiffon pie speaks to my tongue; with a lightness, an unobtrusive gentleness, a fun youthfulness with some sophistication--- Wait, this is lemon chiffon pie and I will be wearing it.  Yummy. 

I saw a picture of Delfina wearing Valentino in Bazaar and it has haunted me.
Pictured here: Dree Hemmingway and Delfina Delettrez Fendi www.fabsugar.com 
Valentino Spring 2010 Couture Collection www.style.com

My first iteration of this color combination is pulled from the depths of my closet.  It consists of a Limited top from the 1990s’, winter white wide leg Massimo Dutti pants I bought in Hong Kong, and a thrifted yellow polyester vintage sleeveless button down.  I plan to continue to look for methods to bake this color combo in additional ways.  I am on the hunt for a bolt of neon yellow chiffon.  I plan to roll myself in it and call it a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment